Your First Visit to Our Chandler Dentist
Riggs Family Dental is always happy to see new patients! We understand that seeing a new dentist for the first time can be a bit nerve-wracking. Dr. Carlos Lopez and our team are here to ensure that your first appointment is one that addresses your primary concerns and long-term smile goals.
What to Expect
We don’t rush people in-and-out. Instead, we take extra time during every appointment to meet the specific concerns of our patients. Please reserve approximately 90 minutes for your new patient visit. During your stay, we will:
- Thoroughly review your medical and dental history
- Prescribe any x-rays that are necessary for a screening/diagnosis
- Record a series of facial and intraoral photographs
- Discuss your specific concerns or needs related to your smile
- Assess any medical conditions that may be influencing your dental health
- Perform a cleaning (in the absence of gum disease)
- Screen for TMJ disorders, periodontal disease, and oral/head/neck cancer
- Examine your teeth and existing dental restorations
What if I Need Treatment?
Should Dr. Lopez note any irregularities during your comprehensive exam, he will share photos of the area with you, so that you can discuss the findings together. We believe in co-diagnosing and co-planning of care alongside our patients. You will never be pressured into accepting a treatment plan that you are uncomfortable with. Instead, you and Dr. Lopez will discuss all of the options that are available to restore your smile and maintain optimal oral health.
The SPEAR Difference
As a SPEAR-trained dentist, Dr. Lopez addresses more than just your teeth – he takes into account any underlying conditions that could be influencing their condition. We can help you to address those issues before they cause more problems later on.
Has it been longer than six months since your last cleaning or checkup? Call Riggs Family Dental in Chandler, today. Flexible appointment times (including early morning and weekends) are available.