Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom Teeth Removal in Gilbert, AZ
Wisdom teeth extraction is a surgical treatment that involves the removal of one or more wisdom teeth, which are the four permanent adult teeth positioned at the top and bottom corners of your mouth.
You’ll probably need to have a wisdom tooth pulled if it doesn’t have enough room to grow (impacted wisdom tooth), causing discomfort, infection, or other dental issues. A dentist or an oral surgeon can do a wisdom teeth extraction.
At Riggs Family Dental, we offer safe and secure wisdom teeth removal services in Gilbert to patients that yield positive outcomes. So, if there is a need for wisdom teeth extraction, worry no more. Schedule your visit today by calling us.
I suffer from a great degree of dental anxiety yet, because the cleaning by the hygienist is so good, with exacting and thorough attention to detail, I actually come to look forward to the cleaning, and am able to relax without medication. My teeth look and feel so much better.
- Joseph Yandow
Reasons To Go For Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Since your permanent teeth are already in place, the emergence of an extra set of molars may cause them to shift. It causes pain, bites problems, and overcrowding, making it difficult to brush and floss efficiently and eventually cavities or tooth decay. If you wait too long to go for the treatment, you may need additional surgeries to straighten affected adjacent teeth.
- Stiffness or pain appears first, followed by damage to the jawbones, which ultimately affects the mouth’s function and motility. Wisdom teeth emerge from the jaws and through the gums, much like the rest of the teeth. However, this isn’t always the case, particularly when there isn’t enough room around the other teeth.
- When wisdom teeth become impacted in the jaw, other teeth shift, and the jawline moves. It might make it immensely difficult and painful to open your mouth. Cysts can form around newly erupted molars, hollowing down the jaw bones and harming the nerves of surrounding, healthy teeth if left untreated.
- We all know how closely the mouth and nose are linked. But did you know that impacted wisdom teeth can impact the sinuses? When the growing of these molars causes sinus pain, pressure, and congestion, wisdom teeth removal is recommended. Oral health is linked to general health, so any symptom or condition should be taken seriously.
- Many people aren’t aware that their wisdom teeth are impacted until they feel pain. But, like any other tooth problem, it begins quietly and is nearly undetectable. Any toothache, discomfort, or slight throbbing should not be overlooked.
Please pay close attention to where it happens. If it occurs when you’re eating or brushing your teeth, it’s likely that your wisdom teeth have erupted. It won’t be long until they begin to develop at an angle to the rest of the teeth, potentially creating jaw difficulties or crowding neighboring teeth. If detected at the right time, your dentist can help you get the best benefits of wisdom tooth extraction in Gilbert and make it a hassle-free process.